Maja Layden scored eight goals to lead the Tam High girls water polo team to a 17-10 victory against Northgate on Wednesday.
Avery Emison added four goals while Maddie Uhlhorn-Thornton scored three times.
Boys water polo
Quinn Concannon, Gave Hirner and Zach Pollack all scored multiple goals to lift Tam to an 18-14 victory against Northgate. Concannon paced the Red-tailed Hawks with five goals. Hirner added four goals and four assists while Pollack had four goals and five assists.
Elizabeth Liu shot an even-par 31 at McInnis Park to lift Branson to a 148-193 victory against Terra Linda on Thursday. Anna Han followed with a 36 and Aimee Yang shot a 37 for the Bulls. Zohie Betts led the Trojans with a 45.
- Anna Han took medalist honors with a 37 at Peacock Gap to lead Branson to a 160-214 win against Tam on Wednesday. Liu and Yang followed with 39s for the Bulls. Sophie Raymond shot a 46 for Tam.
- Rose Malen was the medalist with a 38 at Peacock Gap as Marin Catholic defeated San Rafael, 201-236. Isabelle Nicandri paced the Bulldogs with a 52.
Julia Shippey had six kills and a pair of blocks as Marin Academy swept past Petaluma, 25-13, 25-17, 25-19 on Thursday night. Greta Borland and Kate Lane combined for eight kills, 10 digs and two aces for the Wildcats (8-2).
- Elena Fisher had a team-high 13 kills and added 14 digs as Branson swept by University, 25-18, 25-15, 25-20 on Wednesday. Gia Fisher had 18 digs for the Bulls. Sadie Snipes had 11 kills while Eva Lacy added nine. Logan Tusher had 31 assists.
- Bella McGirr piled up 16 digs in just three sets as Marin Catholic made quick work of another highly-ranked Bay Area team, rolling past Monte Vista, 25-11, 25-9, 25-12 on Wednesday night. “Bella McGirr played unbelievably well,” MC coach Jake Spain said. “She’s a defensive stud but tonight she was on a different level.” The Wildcats (8-1) also got 11 kills from Grace Olivia, eight kills from Brooke Brilliant and 32 assists from Leah Wilton-LaBoy.
- Natalia Clifford and Amelia Sandgren had 10 digs each to help surging Tam to a 25-23, 25-23, 25-18 victory against Albany on Wednesday. Sachi Hauser and Grace Widdifield had four kills apiece. Coach Ray Karter credited Cloe Chamberlin for shutting down Albany’s attack with three blocks in the third set.
Carly Amborn picked up the win at No. 1 singles to lead Archie Williams to a 6-1 victory against San Marin on Thursday. Ana Fatjo, Audrey Johnson and Hailey Hagan also won their singles matches against the Mustangs.
Those same three players swept the top three singles matches, in that order, to lead Archie Williams to a 7-0 win against San Rafael on Wednesday.
- Anna Lardner, Anna Rende, Audrey Gilmor and Mirabel Arlander swept the singles matches to lead Branson to a 5-2 win against Tam on Wednesday.
Former San Rafael High standout Chris Barrios got the scoring started with a goal in the 12th minute, helping Dominican roll to a 6-0 win against Stanislaus State on Thursday. The Penguins piled up 28 shots and got goals from Dominic Galletti, Joe Blakely, Finn Rueegger, Brian Sanchez, and Matthew Berlint.